Pro-Vitamin B5 (Panthenol)
Panthenol is the natural form of provitamin B5, in the form of its alcohol analog. It penetrates the skin, moisturizing and enhancing cell growth rate. It also enhances the skin healing process, particularly from skin problems caused by burns, laser treatment, eczema, radiotherapy and plas...
When provitamin B5 comes in contact with skin:
- It significantly accelerates scar healing which results from burns and injuries and improves the appearance of scars
- It stimulates the proliferation of skin cells (mitotic activity) and aids in the synthesis of intracellular proteins
- It penetrates quite deeply into the skin, moisturizing it and making it soft and elastic
- It has anti-inflammatory properties and soothes irritated skin
- It protects skin from environmental stressAs an antioxidant, it is involved in the metabolism and breakdown of many biochemical substances, such as fatty acids, steroids, phospholipids, amino acids, etc.